Saturday, October 27, 2012

Today is September 10, 2012! My how time flies... in two days I'm going to be 70. I wouldn't mind, except that I am in constant pain... did I tell you, oh dear imaginary (hallucinatory/phantasmagoric?) reader, that I had a stupid (and I mean stupid!) accident 5 months ago? What happened is that my car veered just a tiny bit off the road. I saw a tree ahead but I had plenty of time to redress the steering wheel and get back on the rightful path. Probably because I don't have depth perception and only use my left eye, and probably, even though I scored an A+ in sideway eye test a couple of years ago, it aint working no more. So I didn't notice ....

(it's now October 27, 2012) .... a small tree on my right which bounced me to the bigger tree. So this evil tree totalled my venerable very solid old Camry, yes it did!  And to add insult to injury, that damn tree barely had a scratch to show for it. Steel v. wood, and wood won.

As for me, a huge ovaloid lump grew out of my forehead (from crashing it on the steering wheel). The lump was exactly the same shape as that of the Coneheads, the old TV show, except my cone went a bit sideways.... oh and I also fractured a vertebra and had the most perplexing lumps in my boobs (= inner bleeding from the safety belt -- no there were no airbags in the car, it seems it had been totalled but repaired before, so we got it at a good price. It's now dead in the junkyard. R.I.P. Green and proud Camray.

Why am I writing this blog? I finally figured it out just a few minutes ago. It's a bottle in the sea, albeit in this case it's a message ejected in cyberspace just in case there will be "others" out there to read it in a million miles/years hence, or perhaps a million/miles years ago?

Or am I just writing to myself?

2 comments:

  1. It's been awhile. The Sage hopes that you are again well, and that your absence from this site - like that of the Sage's - merely reflects your business in other pursuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oracle! How amazing to see your response! I had assumed no one read this blog anymore.

    Since you're an Oracle perhaps you sensed impeding tragedy? My oldest daughter Juliette passed away on May 5th, so just a few days after your message.... She had been ill for years, all as a result of an intractable GERD and then as a result of all that was done to try to fix it..... She was 47....

    It's been over six months, it doesn't hurt as much as it did but it does, probably always will, being a mother and all that. I have another daughter, Enid, who is pushing me to write my autobiography (gasp!) and that's why I took a look at that old blog.

    Oh Oracle at Del-Fly how are you doing?

    ReplyDelete